Friday, September 23, 2016

Beach Trip!

So here's something tough about being a single mom...vacations. First, I work two jobs, and not because it's fun, but because I need the money. So I don't have a lot of extra cash laying around for a vacation. Second, when this amazing baby girl was in my tummy, I had big dreams of all the trips we'd take as a family. But obviously that didn't work out. So it's just me and her, and well sometimes that's hard. It's hard to always be on and do everything myself. But even when it's just us two, it's still always amazing. Just different, and sometimes that brings up some feels. 

The good news?! I have Ana amazing family. This was the second year we were able to stay with my mom and Rob at his condo (free of charge!!). It was an amazing trip! The best part of having family around is that Charlotte had her cousin to play with, I had other adults to speak too, and my own mom to make me pancakes :) 

We went to the beach and/or the pool everyday. I finally got a tan. We built a sandcastle, dug for sand crabs and jumped waves with GG. We had a fun night out at the boardwalk, French fries and rides and games! We had a fun morning on the boardwalk too where we rented a surrey and road up and down the boards! We even flew a kite on the beach. I am so lucky and thankful to have been able to create these memories for Charlotte and myself. I look forward to this every year! 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment