Friday, October 21, 2016

OBX wedding week!

We just got back from a week in the Outer Banks for my brothers wedding. Does anyone else get the post vacation blues? Or is it just me? Whenever a vacation is over, I ended up crying. It's quick and passes, but I'm always sad when it ends. It's worse now that I have Charlotte. I spent a week relaxing, and watching her little face full of joy and happiness, I got to have extra time to cuddle and play, a luxury I don't have working two jobs. But, I always wonder, will she even remember these times? Luckily I take a lot of pictures and am working to blog more frequently so we both can remember our adventures, so this is for you my baby girl. 

Dear Charlotte, 

We went on first big trip together! I was scared to make the drive alone, but you were such a trooper, and we made it both ways safe and sound. 

We went to the beach EVERY day. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! Jumping waves and watching the fiddler crabs scurry around were your favorite activities. We also made multiple sand castles, played catch on the beach, blew bubbles, turned you into a mermaid, and hunted every day for shells and other fun beach Finds! We saw horse shoe crabs and Dolphins. We even rode in the back of the truck down the beach in search of wild ponies, and although we didn't see any you squeezed with joy every bump we ran over. 

We went out to dinner one night, just you and me. You ordered your favorite - Mac and cheese. You did a great job, and insisted on taking my credit card to hand it to the waitress yourself. 

We baked! We made cookies, and hot diggity dogs! You did most of the work and proclaimed you were a "cooker girl". 

We spent a lot of time with our family, GG and Mr Rob, Uncle Jason and Aunt Liz and your cousin Holden and Aunt Jenna and Uncle Andrew. 

We played games, and did puzzles, we swam in the pool and you, loved the big house! Your favorite thing about the house was the mini frogs! They were everywhere. You caught so so many of them, and even saved some from the pool. You collected them in a cup several mornings in a row and took them to the house Uncle Jason was staying at and delicately put them on the trees "because frogs like trees".

You went to your first wedding! You wanted to look like a princess and requested to wear your Rapunzel dress and crown, you were so beautiful! You ate Mac and cheese and tried a hush puppy, which you loved! You played with the other kids at the wedding, and had a lot of fun with them. 

Your face lit up all week, with every wave, frog, and hug. Never lose the joy you find in the small things. 

I love you forever and a day, 

Mommy
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 


 

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment