Monday, September 4, 2017

Kindergarten

Dear Charlotte, 

First, I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with our blog the way I should have, especially since there is no baby book, but my Instagram is up to date for you to view one day and look at all of our adventures. This however was more wordy than Instagram could ever be. 

You my dear will be starting school. Real big kid school. I'm so incredibly excited, scared, sad, happy and more for you! You're five years old now! I can hardly believe it. It seems like just yesterday you were my tiny peanut who needed me for everything. Just a small baby in my arms every chance you could be. 

Now you can run and jump and play and dance and sing. You've made friends and even got a kitten, that you're doing a very good job taking care of. You're becoming your own person more and more everyday and I'm so proud of you, and still can not believe that I am the lucky duck that gets to be your mommy. I'm thankful for that everyday. 

The last five years have truly been the best most rewarding of my life. Watching you grow and learn and change, is something indescribable, but now we are entering a new chapter. 

I hope you always stay this kind and sweet. You're very cautious when exploring new things and places, you watch other make mistakes and try to avoid them, that will serve you well, but I also hope you take some risks. 

One of the things I love most about you is your joy in the simple things, and how you always find it. No matter where we are or what we're doing, you'll stop to pick up a penny, or a feather or point out a plane or a bird or a school bus or the most beautiful flower, things I would normally just walk past and not even see. You look at them or pick them up with such joy and wonder. This is something I hope you never lose. It's something I'm learning from you. To be more aware of all the joyous things around me. 

You are smart, and brave and kind. Sleep well tonight, for tomorrow you will move mountains, and I will be there to support and love you unconditionally every step of the way. 

Love, 
Mommy 








No comments:

Post a Comment