Thursday, May 9, 2013

A wedding weekend!

What a great weekend it was! One of my longtime best friends married the love of her life! It also marked another first for me and Charlotte.  Our first night away from each other in 46 weeks (her whole life haha)

Well Friday straight after work I went straight to good old camp for the wedding festivities.  It was tons of fun helping set up and see the work in progress.  We all slept at camp in cabins just like old times, and then we work up early Saturday to start getting wedding ready!

It was fun to hang out with the girls and get pretty for once.  The bride looked AMAZING.  So so amazing. The groom looked happy, so so happy! And they both looked in love and the wedding was beautiful and everyone seemed to have fun. 

It was hard for me though.  I missed Charlotte terribly.  I have no idea if she missed me or not, but every time I see her she usually grins ear to ear and comes crawling over, so she likes me some I guess lol I know she will never remember spending her first night away from me, but I will remember it.  It was hard being with out her.  I kept waking in the night expecting to hear her, but than remembered she wasn't there.  It was quite sad. Had I not stayed up past midnight, been freezing and sleeping in uncomfortable beds I think I would have tried to take advantage of the time actually gotten some sleep.  I totally forgot what sleeping at camp was like.

I am so happy for my friend!  They both looked so happy and I have they have a lifetime together.  As for me and Charlotte we were happy too and I know we will spend my lifetime together.  It was hard to believe that Emily was once a little girl like this in her moms lap and then here her mom was watching her little girl get married....I don't think Charlotte will ever grow up and not be my little baby, but if she does I hope she finds someone that truly loves her. 

Sunday was a pretty lazy day for us, we cleaned up, hung around the house and enjoyed our day together. I had promised Charlotte a picnic but was too tired and sick to move, so I made lunch and we had a floor picnic in the house which was just as fun! I love and treasure everyday I get to spend with this kiddo :)

 
This was the cutest idea ever! Emily the bride thought of it all herself, amazing! Her dad took this picture with his cellphone and sent it to the groom before the ceremony!


 
Floor Picnic!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment