Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm going to make this place your home

Some days you are just feeling a certain type of way.  Today was one of those days.  The good news? Lotte has been so so so happy today! I love hearing her laugh! She is the most amazing baby in all of the land. 

Her current favorite song is by Phillip Phillips.  She loves that song "home".  I sing it to her all the time.  I'm glad she is liking it because she used to like "call me maybe" and I got sick of singing that.  I also really love the lyrics in "home". 

Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home


I am always singing it to her and promising her I will make this place her home, but tonight I realized she makes this place my home.  She is home to me.  She quiets the demons inside of me.  She is what makes me a better person.  Every night I pray that I am being the best mom I can to her.  I don't want her to miss out on anything or go without, I am hopeful that I am making her proud.  She is so amazing.  She just laughs and laughs and laughs.  It is hard to EVER be in a bad mood around her.  She is just too fun to be around! I am very much looking forward to Thanksgiving adventures this weekend!







1 comment:

  1. this brought tears to my eyes! You put your thoughts,fears,prayers into beautiful words.(wish I could write!)

    ReplyDelete