Saturday, August 11, 2012

Charlotte's FIRST vacation!

Charlotte joined me and my family at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia for her FIRST vacation! Taking a baby on vacation is a lot harder then expected.  Charlotte has so much stuff and even though the car was packed to the max, there was still stuff I forgot. 

Overall Charlotte did really.  No major incidents.  It was nice having my family around to help out too.  With my mom and sister there I was able to take more then five minute showers whenever I wanted and was able to eat three meals a day again!

The lake was beautiful and the house was right on the water.  I am so happy that I was able to take Charlotte.  We did lots of fun things, and I even was able to try paddleboarding, which may be my new hobby! We played lots of games, did a puzzle (which I haven't done in forever!), did lots of swimming (which Dexter loved), checked out a local creamery that made their own ice cream and had a lot family time. 

It was great to check out of the real world for a little while after the crazyness that has been going on.  With every "first" that Charlotte has I become more and more excited for her future.  I am hopeful that she will be have a wonderful and bright future.  I hope that I am able to give Charlotte many more fun vacations as she gets older.  I will post pictures later this week so everyone can see how awesome she looks in her bikini!

No comments:

Post a Comment