Tuesday, August 21, 2012

How is she sleeping?

This question drives me nuts.  Everywhere I go, every mother asks, is she sleeping through the night yet? I want to punch them all in the face.  She is not sleeping through the night.  The last time I slept for more then three hours at a time was on June 12th.  And if you ask any of my friends at work, No Sleep Jessica, isn't very fun.  The good news is that I can laze around and rest during the day when she naps.  When I go back to work its gonna be so sucky.

Yesterday Lotte went to the doctors.  She is doing great growth wise.  She is still very small for her age at nine weeks she is only seven pounds thirteen ounces.  A lot of babies are this size or bigger when they are born.  The good news is that the doctor isn't concerned with the weight, just the rate of growth and that is apparently going great.  He said she looks great and that I am doing a good job (which made me feel better). 

The doctor of course asked how she was sleeping, apparently babies are her age should be able to sleep for five or six hour stretches.  He explained that because she is the size of a newborn, she will be on the same sleep schedule as a newborn.  Which explains why she still wakes up every two and half to three hours.  Apparently as long as her size small she will likely stay behind with the sleeping and eating.  LAME.  The good news is most of the time I enjoy the extra cuddle time.  I do miss sleep, and hope that once work starts I get a little relief in the middle of the night.  Fingers Crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment