Saturday, August 18, 2012

Meeting Milestones?

Charlotte continues to grow at alarming rates! Everyday she does something new that amazes me.  I am truly blessed to be her mother and fortunate enough to be able to watch her grow everyday.  She has been smiling socially now which is AMAZING.  Every time this little lady smiles at me, I can't help but be amazing happy, no matter what else is going on, and I definitely need that. 

Charlotte is currently in the stage where she has discovered her hands and her mouth. She also discovered her feet for the first time the other day. It was HILARIOUS. She looked so surprised that she had her foot in her hand. She also put her toy in her mouth by herself for the first time! I took her to a baby boosters program at the local library on Wednesday.  She loves meeting other babies (well at least she loves staring at their faces) and she met a great baby whose mother told me her baby was 3 months before she grabbed her feet.  So it seems Charlotte is doing well, Harvard here we come!

Well I guess it is because before I had this baby I wrote literally hundreds of psychosocial assessments, that now I think in assessment form for Charlotte.  There is one section with the heading "developmental history".  This is the section I always think about it.  I had always hoped under Charlottes it would say "Charlotte was born vaginally following an unremarkable pregnancy at term.  Her developmental milestones were normal".  Well, so far hers will read "Charlotte was born via emergency Cesarean section when it was discovered she was breach following a pregnancy complicated by pre-eclampsia....." I am confident that it will be able to read she met her milestones on time or early, but either way it doesn't matter.  This is Charlottes story, and it although it had a rocky start, I know she will have an amazing life.


Look at me! I can eat my toys now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment