Saturday, August 18, 2012

Why do babies have such long fingernails?

Life with a newborn has been hard and great at the same time.  It is quite weird being responsible for another human life 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  The three times I have been out of the house without her have been fun and scary at the same time. 

Going to work in a few weeks is going to be really weird.  Basically since June 14th this baby has been attached to my hip.  Sometimes I miss the hospital.  After being there a week, I got used to being able to call someone to watch the baby so I could shower or eat.  There are days when I love having her all to myself all day, and there are days when I would pay someone a million dollars to watch her so I can have sometime to myself. 

The older she gets the easier it has been to do things.  I am now able to usually have fifteen minutes each day to shower.  She is now content laying by herself while I shower.  This has been a lifesaver.  Her snug a bunny swing is also a lifesaver.  All new parents should by one.  This swing allows me to complete the daily household chores, like the dishes, sweeping and laundry.  (How does such a tiny person, create such a large amount of laundry?!) We have sort of a routine down now.  I still struggle with eating.  It is insanely hard to cook and sit down and eat when you have a baby that needs you all the time.  I have become good at eating with one hand, even though I occasionally drop food on her while eating lol

On Thursday I took her to visit her daycare.  It sucked.  Well, Charlotte did fine and smiled at the daycare lady and it was nice and looks like a great place for her, but it made it so real.  I will miss her so much when I go back to work.  I am not ready.  I had been planning to find a part time job in the fall ever since she was in my tummy, however life changes no longer allow me to do so and I feel so cheated.  I am terrified that I will miss her first words, or her first steps.  I am also worried about how I will be able to get as much time with her as possible when I go back to work.  I am afraid I will be missing out on things because I will still need to complete household chores and will be extra tired from working, but I am convinced that I can handle it.  A new baby was terrifying and challenging, but I figured it out and made it work.  I am confident that I can do the same now. 

Why do babies have such long fingernails? To make my life miserable.  Why does she feel the need to scratch me while she eats, and how come they grow back so quickly after I file them? And why am I too scared to cut them?

Love this Face :)

1 comment:

  1. I dont think you'll have to worry about spending too much time with her. She has a great & strong mama who will move mountains to help her. Pluse you have a great support system that will help as much as you need. You'll learn how to get all the household crap done and still get QT in with her. Have faith....muah!

    ReplyDelete