Monday, December 17, 2012

Reflections

I haven't posted at all about what happened in Newtown, but I have been thinking a lot about and reading all the news articles and peoples facebook posts.

I am pretty political. I have very strong viewpoints on most things.  This recent incident only has me thinking about one thing...baby girl! When Obama read the names of the poor babies that lost their lives he said "Charlotte".  It really hit home.  I have no idea how someone could stand to lose their child, especially when a child is so young.

I literally can not even imagine the pain they are going through.  I think I have had many challenges in my very short life, and I feel like I am a very strong person and would list resilient as one of my best traits, but this type of tragedy is not something I think I could work through. 

My heart goes out to everyone who lost their child.  Even the adults are some one's baby.  Tragedies like this really mean something different to me now that I am a mother.  As I was getting Charlotte dressed this morning and she puked all over my work clothes, all I could do was smile.  I am thankful that I get to be drenched in spit up every morning.  I am so blessed that my girl is perfect and with me.  Not everyone got to dress their little on this morning, but I did, so I am richer then most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment