Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sleep Training.

Sleep training....

IT IS THE WORST!

It is however going better then expected. I have a four day weekend and thought I would take advantage of it.  I imagine it is harder on me then it is her.  So last night was night one. She slept in her crib from about 9:30-11:30, then needed some hugs and food, and went back to sleep from about midnight to 3:45 am.  At 3:45 she wouldn't go back to sleep, she was pretty much up and ready for the day, so I gave in and let her sleep with me until six so I could get a little extra sleep. 

I feel like that was a pretty good first night.  It is now night two and as I write this she is asleep in her crib upstairs.  She has been asleep for almost twenty minutes YAY! Tonight she went done with very very minimal crying.  A big improvement from last night.

I have the baby monitor GLUED to my hip, and I get anxious when she stirs and when she doesn't stir.  When she stirs, I get sad that she has such a hard time sleeping peacefully.  And when she doesn't stir I wonder if she is breathing and doing well.  Esp if she has just eaten, I am terrified she'll spit up choke or something crazy. 

I am trying to take this time to clean up the house, shower, do things for myself etc, but I get so anxious it is hard.  Like I said, this is probably harder on me then it is on her.  My baby is growing up and I feel like everyday I am missing it.  I am hoping that with my new job, I will get to spend more time with her.  Sometimes I miss her so much my heart breaks.  I miss her sleeping in the bassinet next to my bed, when I could easily take care of her at night, and reach over to make sure she was breathing whenever I wanted, but I know this is probably best, besides she has an amazing crib and nursery, should be used for sleeping not just naps!

Wish me luck with the sleep training, I imagine I will need more help then Lotte haha.  So many crazy changes in just a few months, my emotions are all over the place, so I'm pretty sure baby girl is fine, but I'll need some emotional support haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment