Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pillow case dress!

So in sure I'm sure everyone has seen the adorable pillowcase dresses everywhere! I saw them most recently on shark tank. When I went to the website they were selling for 40 some dollars!!! Outta control!

So? I took to Pinterest!! Found some great tutorials and have begun making pillow case dresses!

My first dress cost about $1.25 to make, and took me twenty minutes!!

I kind of combined all the tutorials I saw! I started with an actual pillow case I bought at a thrift store for $0.99. I "measured" by making Charlotte lay on top of it haha, cut it to length, then sewed up the sides. Next I cut some arm holes, then folded the collar down and sewed it up, threaded some ribbon through, and voila!

So easy! So cheap! Will look adorable in the summer! I am going to work on crafting some others, maybe one with a belt and one with a lace overlay!

Here are some tutorials I used:
http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/pillowcase-dress-tutorial.html
http://www.babyrabies.com/2012/07/a-refreshed-pillowcase-dress-tutorial/














1 comment:

  1. I am checking out your blog from Mom Bloggers. I love this pillowcase dress! Very cute, crafty and frugally creative! :) I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete