Thursday, October 25, 2012

How to make my child sleep?

So Lotte had her four month checkup today! She is weighing in at eleven pounds even and is 23 and 3/4 inches long! She is growing so fast it is crazy! I miss my little peanut.  Sometimes I get really sad when I do her laundry and know she won't fit in any of these clothes anymore.  It is hard to pack up all the newborn size clothes, I know she will never be this size again and although I am happy to be gainfully employed so that I can provide for her, everyday I am not with her I feel like I am missing out on her life and watching her grow.  Today was especially hard.  In the past when she has gotten shots she has been extra fussy and likes extra cuddles, so I was sad when I had to leave her at daycare and not help soothe her.  I just keep reminding myself I am doing whats best for her by being able to provide for her.  Luckily I like my job and I am fortunate enough to have an education and a license that will help me stay employed in this economy. 

In other news, the doctor told me I need to help her work on her sleeping.  Every time I see my grandmother she asks how she sleeps, if you are a regular blog reader, you know this question enrages me to no end.  Seriously people she is not fucking sleeping, when she does sleep for more then a few hours at a time, everyone I know will be the first to know, because I will throw the most amazing party ever. 

Anyway, the doctor said she needs to learn to fall asleep on her own.  So the journey begins.  I have been reading lots of peer reviewed articles (because that's how I roll, evidence based practices people, evidence based!) about getting babies to sleep.  So far, it is not going well.  I let her cry it out for a few minutes like I was supposed to, every night I am supposed to increase my time.  IT WAS THE WORST! Not sure Ill ever make it past three minutes! Another thing that is supposed to help is a really full tummy, so she had sweet potatoes tonight.  She is now asleep, lets see how long it lasts!

Here she is, sleeping beauty! This was earlier tonight during her twenty minute "nap" in her bed:


No comments:

Post a Comment