Tuesday, October 30, 2012

We are safe and dry!

Well Charlotte went through her first hurricane, and I went through my first big weather event by myself and we both survived! Really it was kind of a let down, a let down in a good way I should verify.  We briefly lost power, lots of flickering, but that was pretty much the damage of Sandy for us.  It was REALLY REALLY loud last night though.  I thought for sure the windows were going to break and tree limbs would fly though, but luckily it was fine. 

The storm kept Lotte up most of the night, but that was to be expected, like I said it was really loud.  Sadly I work in a place that never closes, so work was not closed for me, luckily Monday I got to go home early, and I stayed home today.  Everything was too wet and soggy and there were a ton of tree branches down everywhere this morning and Baltimore urged us not to drive until after noon, so I figured I would stay home and cuddle with Lotte while working, and it was AMAZING.  I think I needed a mental health day anyway.

It is amazing how much having a little one changes you.  My head used to be all about work, ask anyone, I never called out, but now I look forward to the random times I get to spend with Charlotte.  Especially after such a busy weekend, it was nice to just do nothing with her, just to exist with her.  I really can not get over how much she amazes me everyday.  She is growing so fast, I am trying to hold on to every memory, every mental image of her smile, every smell.  I know when the road ahead gets tough I will look back on days like today and smile.  I will know that I did the best I could with what I have and just remember how truly blessed I am. 

When I took this photo, I had no idea how much I would truly love this little person.  I had so many thoughts about what she would be like and the amazingness that I pictured is no where near the reality of how awesome she is:


No comments:

Post a Comment