Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The baby peed on me.

It's true.  I took off her diaper to get her ready for her bath and while I was carrying her naked body to the bathroom she peed all over me.  Needless to say, we both got baths tonight.

So daycare seems to be going well.  It has only been two days, but Charlotte always seems happy at drop off and pick up.  She is never screaming or anything.  Clearly this is much easier for her then me lol. 

Leaving her is hard.  Work hasn't bad thus far, I am settling in to a new routine and routines are nice.  I miss her so much it is insane.  I think the hardest part is that when I do get time with her, I am exhausted. 

It is quite difficult to get out of the house in the mornings.  I have to get two people ready now in the morning now.  It sucks having to pack bottles and all the things she will need for daycare as well as packing my stupid breast pump.  Pumping at work also sucks, it is so hard to find time, then after you do you have to clean everything. 

After daycare is equally as annoying, you have to clean all the bottles from the day, make dinner and straighten up the house all while trying to get in cuddle time.  It's hard to balance work and time with Charlotte.  So far I feel like I have been too busy to have quality time with her because I have been getting her ready for daycare or cleaning up daycare stuff or making an attempt to feed myself.  I foresee lots of microwaved things in my future. 

The good news is that overall she seems to be doing well.  She is growing and changing everyday and she is usually always happy, so I can't ask for more.  Plus, although I hate working and wish I had the means to be able to be home with her more often, I am one of the fortunate ones to actually have a job, so I guess I should try to be thankful for that.  I hope that as time goes on she and I settle into a nice routine and remain happy together.  I also think that things will be easier for me once she gets into a semi-normal sleep routine.  She still wakes every three hours to eat, which makes life even more exhausting.  Although I am exhausted, I am so thankful to be her mom, she is extra special and I love being able to provide for her.

Charlotte's first day at "school" and my first day back at work, we survived :)

1 comment:

  1. I thought this poem might encourage you. A lot of my friends who are moms like it:

    Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
    For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
    So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
    I'm rocking my baby
    And babies don't keep.

    Glad you're already getting into a routine, and I hope the hard stuff gets easier. :-)

    ReplyDelete