Sunday, September 16, 2012

We survived the first week!

So Lotte and I survived the first week of me being a working single mom. She did great lol.  I spent most of the week crying because I missed her. I think Wednesdays are the hardest days.  Its right in the middle of the week, I am exhausted by then and the weekend seems so far away.

Things were hard this week. It is very hard to get out of the house in a timely fashion.  I hope that I eventually get better at it. It would be much better if I could just get this little one to sleep better.  It is so hard to get moving in the mornings when I've been up several times in the middle of the night. 

I did however enjoy having two full days off with her this weekend. It was awesome.  Tonight is Sunday though and my heart is breaking all over again because I know I have to leave her tomorrow.  Luckily this is teaching me to cherish the time I do have with her.  I spent the weekend giving her lots of cuddles and attention and it was awesome. 

We had a great weekend! We made some new skirts and headbands out of tshirts and scrap fabric I have! She is so tiny it is perfect to make her some cute skirts with the scrap fabric.  We also made a dress out of an old tshirt.  I will post the links to the tutorials at the end, in case any of my readers also feel like crafting. 

We also went out shopping and to dinner to celebrate a friends birthday.  When you take Charlotte in public be ready for the paparazzi lol.  So many people come up to us and talk to us.  One lady thought I was carrying around a baby doll...weird.  At the restaurant some lady from eight tables away came over to tell me "how beautiful your daughter is".  It is crazy how many people point and smile and talk to you when you have a looker like Lotte.  People are also surprised to hear she is thirteen weeks old, and are also always impressed with her great head control.  What can I say? My amazing baby is advanced, we are headed for Harvard. 

The weird thing is I now like Mondays.  I know that they HAVE to come, but the good news about them now is that it is one day closer to another amazing weekend with Lotte :) I can't wait to see what we do next!

Outfit I made Lotte:


Matching T Shirt Headband:

Another skirt I made her, She needed ravens wear she can fit into lol:
 
How to make the skirt and headband:

No comments:

Post a Comment